Our last two posts were about trust in the workplace.*
That’s because building a trusting team is one of the three key priorities for servant-leaders at work.**
To make it three in a row, here (in alphabetical order by author) are 15 great quotes about trust.
1. “Never trust the advice of a man in difficulties.” – Aesop
2. “My father always said, ‘Never trust anyone whose TV is bigger than their book shelf.’”– Emilia Clarke
3. “Anyone who doesn’t take truth seriously in small matters cannot be trusted in large ones either.” – Albert Einstein
4. “It is an equal failing to trust everybody, and to trust nobody.” – English proverb
5. “The best way to find out if you can trust somebody is to trust them.” – Ernest Hemingway
6. “Put not your trust in money, but put your money in trust.” – Oliver Wendell Holmes, Sr.
7. “It is better to suffer wrong than to do it, and happier to be sometimes cheated than not to trust.” – Samuel Johnson
8. “The one who does not trust enough, will not be trusted.” – Lao Tzu
9. “The people when rightly and fully trusted will return the trust.” – Abraham Lincoln
10. “Trust, but verify.” – Ronald Reagan
11. “Better to trust the man who is frequently in error than the one who is never in doubt.” – Eric Sevareid
12. “The future belongs to the young. We must not only trust them with responsibility but must thrust it upon them whilst they are still young and full of energy, zest, hope and even illusions.” – JRD Tata
13. “When consumers purchase a Toyota, they are not simply purchasing a car, truck or van. They are placing their trust in our company.” – Akio Toyoda
14. “Few things can help an individual more than to place responsibility on him, and to let him know that you trust him.” – Booker T. Washington
15. “Every sale has five basic obstacles: no need, no money, no hurry, no desire, no trust.” – Zig Ziglar
Here’s one more, just for fun:
“Never trust a computer you can’t throw out a window.” – Steve Wozniak
Do you like any of these quotes especially? Do you have a great quote about trust to add?
Let us know.
As always, we appreciate your views.
And don’t forget to download our latest ebook, Servant Leadership in the Workplace: A Brief Introduction. It’s free!
** Check this one out, too: “Servant Leadership – 3 Workplace Priorities.”